Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Years Confessions, Not Resolutions

Making a confession feels almost as good as making a resolution, but without all the work. (Try it this year for a nice change of pace.) Here are some of my New Years Confessions:

*Against every parenting principle I hold dear, I recently paid my 3 year old a quarter to put on her jacket.

*I keep my mismatched socks in a big bag. Last week I went through the bag to make matches and made a new record--FORTY-NINE Pairs of socks!

*Sometimes I buy candy and hide it so I don't have to share.

*I think Dumb and Dumber is one of the funniest movies ever and that disturbs me.

*I don't iron anything, ever. That's what a dryer is for. My husband recently asked if we could please buy an ironing board so he could iron his dress shirts.

*When I was having my son, Zachary, I hit a nurse. In my defense, she deserved it.

*I have blamed broken things on the children.

*When I was in grade school, I kicked a girl in the shins. Hard. When she went to tell the teacher, my friend Annie lied and said I didn't do it. And who would believe that sweet little Amy would do such a thing?

*I once shattered a toilet tank cover at Wingers. Long story, very embarrassing.

*Once when I was in college, I drove my car to school, then forgot I drove and walked home. The next day when I woke up and went to the parking lot, I thought someone had stolen my car. Plus, I got a ticket for overnight parking.

I found my digital camera, but now the battery is dead. So as soon as I get a battery I have some pictures of all the projects I've been working on.

Quote of the week: "I'm not giving you any more food until you put your pannies on!"

6 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Amy I am laughing so hard right now I have tears running down my face!!!! To funny! You very brave admitting all of those things. I love not being the only one to do those things! I really need to hear about the toilot lid at Wingers. When you get the time, please share. I am sure it is funny.

about us said...

You crack me up....I definately like the confessions over the resolutions....and it's good to hear that even a "perfect" mom like you sometimes has to bribe with money!

Missy said...

Very funny post. It reminds me of the movie "Goonies" when "Chunk" is confessing everything he ever did to the Fratelli's. (this movie was on in the hospital during my labor!)

Abby said...

Oh Amy! I LOVE IT! I may have to put one up for myself. If it makes you feel any better. I bribed a sunbeam (his mother knew at least) with snacks from Nursery to go to class and be happy. Not one of my finer moments. ;) Have to say I laughed out loud a couple of times... hitting a nurse and your quote for the week. hahaha

Sheri said...

Those are hilarious Amy, thank you for sharing. We all do funny things, but are too afraid to admit them. It's fun when you can laugh at yourself. Hope your family is well. We still love our home and are doing well. I can't believe we have been here over 2 years now. How is Idaho?

Alicia said...

I totally remember you doing that with your car when we lived in King Henry! I love your confessions. Very refreshing.