Saturday, January 24, 2009

Communication

When I was in 6th grade I had a pen pal.

I now have:

my home phone
a cell phone
2 email addresses
this blog
MySpace page
Facebook page
Twitter (amycrochet)

And we're worried about the government invading our privacy?? Sheesh, we're doing it to ourselves! They don't need special spying software--just a laptop.

I let the whole world know about my life, my thoughts, my beliefs and then I go to the doctor's office and fill out a million stupid HIIPA (sp?) forms. For some reason it just seemed funny to me today. Ironic.

Well, I better go. I need to check my caller ID and email and update my status on Facebook. Call me!

8 comments:

Dedra said...

you are funny! I tried to email you, but I must not have either of your email addresses. so you can email me at ms_talkalot247@yahoo.com at your convenience! I'm still looking forward to your winter or spring card. ttfn

Amberly said...

I agree! I am all weird about putting my kids names on my blogs, but all my info is blasted all over the internet! I really like facebook, I think you will too. Just be careful when you take vampire quizzes, that was my downfall! Let's get together again soon.

Jenn said...

I just started reading your blog. I would love to be your facebook friend. How can we do that?

AmyDawn said...

Jenn, I just signed up on Facebook today! Why don't you email me at pitterpattercrochet@gmail.com and we can exchange "real" names and add each other. It will be fun to get to know you better!

Sheri said...

I loved your thoughts on communication Amy. They were quite humorous, but true. You are an incredible person. It is also fun seeing you on facebook and keeping track of your sweet family.

The McClellan Family said...

You are so right! Kind of scary sometimes! So the craft show is in April, I will email you colors and I had some other ideas of things to make, do you still want to do it?

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Thanks for the birthday wish and a good laugh. I love the rhyme! It was great to see you lastnight. I can't believe you will have a girl in Young Women's soon! AHHHH!

Emily said...

Amy! I'm FINALLY caught up reading your blog and LOVED every minute of it! Emma looks so much like you and I loved reading the stories about Lucy (especially that she has been known to call you a poopie head--sorry!). I'm so impressed with all you accomplish with all that you have going on. I have a hard enough time just cleaning the kitchen everyday! I'm excited I'll be able to keep up on your goings on now!