Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some Random Things

Just thought I'd comment on a few random happenings, quotes, etc. from my life lately.

*On Monday, I had to make a special trip to the store to buy a square Kleenex box that my daughter needed for a science project that she told us about the day before and was due the next day.

*True quote by me: "Do not play with the plunger. The plunger is not a toy."

*While going through pockets during laundry, I found coins, candy wrappers, 4 pencil top erasers and 2 glow in the dark plastic stars.

*Zach quote: "She said she loved me, but not in a kissing way."

*I cannot find our digital camera. Sigh.

*While waiting for a pie to cool, Emma suggested we hurry up the process by putting it in the microwave. Apparently, I need to have them help more in the kitchen.

*I bought 6 cans of Red Feather canned butter from New Zealand for my food storage.

*Lucy pointed to her stuffed bear in a play car seat and said, "This is my baby Jesus."

*I cannot find my Harry Connick Jr. Christmas CD. Double Sigh.

*While sick in bed yesterday, my husband made me breakfast in bed, brought me home flowers, and made eggs and french fries for the kids for dinner. He's a keeper!

*My friend Tyra gave me this Fabulous Blog Award.



I am to pass this award on to 5 other blogs, so check out the following:


Emilie--hilarious & honest stories of her boys crack me up
Dedra--true blog lover, great pictures, fun observations
Moments by Tyra--Tyra did our family pictures and they were great!
RG in ID--love her insights on children and motherhood
Balancing Everything--great posts on childbirth, motherhood, and home education, not to mention sewing tutorials

4 comments:

5 Brothers Farms said...

Sooo funny! I loved the plunger quote. Someone who is not a parent, would completely take certain things we say throughout the day, out of context! Like, for example: We do NOT pick someone else's nose! (I said this to Decker because he is really into other people's noses lately. Apparently, I think it's okay to pick his own nose.) haha Merry Christmas lady!

Kaylyn said...

Amy I am laughing out loud about the plunger. I dont know how many times I have said that! What is it about the stupid plunger! GROSS
I want to scream when my kids tell me that the HAVE to have something for school the next day. And it is 9:00 at night! Not good. I have finally got to the point that I say, I'm sorry thats to bad. "How long have you known about that?" "Two weeks" Not good!
I have always thought doing laundry is an adventure. Especially with my boys! How can they walk around with all those things in their pockets?!
I love the eggs and french fries! Sounds like a Dad.
Thanks for the post. It was fun to read!

Amberly said...

Amy your post made me laugh out loud too! My favorite quote of the week at our house is "Abby, do not kung fu the baby".

The McClellan Family said...

What is canned butter? is it real butter? I will have to get me some of that!